ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for Software KWM

(1/3) > >>

OLLI_S:
Hello,

is here (on DonationCoder) a software available, that allows me to control multiple Computers with ONE mouse and ONE keyboard?
I know there are many tools available on the market, I just wonder if there is something available here.

Greetings

OLLI

Ath:
Nope, usually request like these are directed toward one of the free solutions available.

MilesAhead:
You can probably find some on www.sourceforge.net.

Depending on your setup and usage you may be better off with a hardware switch.  For instance if you do software development you may frequently hose the software switch.  The hardware switches can lock up too but not as easily.

I only owned one.  A Belkin kvma 2 PC switch.  Since I used PS/2 wired mouse and keyboard it was totally powered by those connections.  I think it lasted me over 10 years.  Not bad for around $60.

40hz:
Synergy is probably the most popular software for this in the Windows environment - although some people (myself included) had problems getting it to work reliably. It's no longer free however. They now charge $10 for it.

+1 w/Miles above. :Thmbsup:  I also use (and prefer) a hardware KVM switch.

OLLI_S:
Hello,

I started using ShareMouse that allows me to use one keyboard and one mouse for multiple devices.
You can find it here: http://www.keyboard-and-mouse-sharing.com/de/index.html

For me a hardware KVM is not a good solution, because I like the feature to copy text via the clipboard to my laptop and to drag and drop files between PCs.

I just wanted to know if something is offered here before I start searching.

Greetings

OLLI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version