ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Unpleasant advertisements of the past

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
To my recollection, Mormons are not allowed to drink any kind of alcohol, soda, coffee or tea. Kinda hard sell...being more healthy or going to heaven/your own planet or whatever other crap those LSD'ers believe in.

Giving up the first 3 types of beverages is actually good for your general health...but tea?
Also, a lot of people are able to bite your head off before they had their morning coffee, so there might be some slack on coffee  :P

Deozaan:
To my recollection, Mormons are not allowed to drink any kind of alcohol, soda, coffee or tea.-Shades (November 04, 2014, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's alcohol, coffee, and tea. Though some will drink herbal tea. Don't ask me why. I don't understand it.

But that doesn't necessarily invalidate what App said about the Mormons using some sort of tea to treat asthma. They didn't always have the diet restrictions that they now do. From the sounds of it, it may have been long ago enough that they might still have been partakers of tea, tobacco, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version