ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

location triggers for android

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
It's not possible to do what you want, the mobile phone system doesn't work that way.
-4wd (November 05, 2014, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is where the experimental Google Geofencing stuff comes in; it tries to make location determination more accurate by (probably, that's part of the experimental stuff) including the WiFi hotspot information that G' gathered 'by accident' using the Streetview recordings, and connection accesspoint detection when using G' applications.-Ath (November 06, 2014, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's going to be of much use in his situation because:
a) The WiFi on his phone might not be turned on.

I want to do stuff (like activate wifi, etc) when I enter/leave specific locations-kalos (November 03, 2014, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

and
b) GPS runs the battery down.

GPS seems to be more accurate but it's resources consuming
--- End quote ---

Which kind of leaves just the phone towers.  It would be nice to know if Llama was satisfactory ... if he give it a chance to do its stuff.   :)

kalos:
ok, I decided to give llama another chance

I was at work and I clicked to "learn the area"

it asked me how long I will be in that area, I clicked 4 hours

now what?

kalos:
I seem to more like Tasker

but I set it to enable vibration sound mode when I arrive work, and enable normal sound mode when I leave work

but it cannot accept it!

it changes both entries, so that they are both the same!

what is going on really?

4wd:
ok, I decided to give llama another chance

I was at work and I clicked to "learn the area"

it asked me how long I will be in that area, I clicked 4 hours

now what?
-kalos (November 06, 2014, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess you skipped all the help?

Never fear: Use Llama To Automate Your Android Phone With Location Profiles & More

Ath:
I hope I've found a solution for the original request: AutomateIt-Automation.
It has a location trigger that is imho, close to spot-on for what's been asked. It offers to take you to the Location tips and tricks on the developers website when you select it, where you can select a spot on a map and a radius around it where the trigger should fire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version