ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

location triggers for android

<< < (2/5) > >>

dluby:
I use Trigger

JoTo:
+1 from me for Tasker in combination with AutoLocation (a Tasker Plugin).

AutoLocation uses the Google Geofences technology. You can define any region of any size (even overlapping or one within another - e.g. a fence with 1km diameter informing you by popping up a dialog that you are nearby the shopping mall and that you you can go shopping now and a smaller circle inside this region just round the shopping mall that opens automatically your shopping list textfile when you are just in front of the mall. :)

There are some more useful Plugins from the same developer available like AutoVoice, AutoShortcut etc. that can be used in combination with each other and Tasker to do all kind of stuff on all kind of events/triggers you can imagine. All not free, but really well done and mighty, so worth every penny IMHO.

Well, as this needs a bit of insight into Android (Events blah blah) and a bit of logical thinking (call it a bit of programming thinking) this is maybe not for the newbie user. It takes a bit of effort to put a working system together that do what you need, but if you have it, the options are endless.

Greetings
JoTo

kalos:
thank you all, but all you missed the exact meaning of my question
including you Ath, no it isn't the same question

or otherwise, I haven't understood well how these similar programs function

I know how to set in these programs a GPS location and then set a radius to which an action will be triggered.
As for CELL IDs, there is a problem, because I cannot search in a map and assign an area there.
I have to be physically present in that location.
But again, while physical present in that location, I can find the current CELL ID I am connected.
But I want the action to be triggered in the surrounding CELL IDs! Under a specific radius!
how can I find all the cell ids within a specific radius? and assign a trigger to them?

kalos:
JoTo is this "Google Geofences technology" different than GPS or CELL IDs?
is it more accurate than these? is it less power consuming than these?

4wd:
I have to be physically present in that location.
But again, while physical present in that location, I can find the current CELL ID I am connected.
But I want the action to be triggered in the surrounding CELL IDs! Under a specific radius!-kalos (November 04, 2014, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you're in the area you instruct Llama to Learn the towers in the area within a specific time frame.  There's no need to add towers one by one, any that Llama sees while in that position will be added as an area identifier.

Llama picks up 16 towers servicing my immediate area, over the space of 2 hours without me moving from my study.

Considering some of these towers are up to ~20km away from me, that's a rather large area - exactly how big an area are you wanting it to trigger on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version