ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

feature request for auto-screenshot

(1/4) > >>

adamantine:
1) is there a possibility to add the "auto-screenshot" option?
it will allow to auto-create screenshots (silently, in the background) every "specified quantity" of seconds/minutes...

the whole idea is illustrated in this image:

2) because of possible huge quantity of images (up to 3600 per hour), this option may be implemented into screenshot captor with an additional functionality:
auto-move already created screenshots to different sub-folders, for example:

e:\screen-shots\2014.11.03 (12.01-15.00)
e:\screen-shots\2014.11.03 (15.01-18.00)
e:\screen-shots\2014.11.03 (18.01-21.00)...

lanux128:
1) is there a possibility to add the "auto-screenshot" option?
it will allow to auto-create screenshots (silently, in the background) every "specified quantity" of seconds/minutes...
-adamantine (November 03, 2014, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

at a quick glance i can see that feature #1 is already available in the app (see images).

Fig. 1

Fig. 2

adamantine:
i was exploring the settings (in search of something related to auto-screenshoting) but this "auto capture timer options" part turned out to be quite anti-obvious for me so i failed to understand it at all and moved further to other options

anyway the idea of auto-capturing could be implemented in more convenient way, i think:
- there is a minor problem: rate is always not precise (i set 5 ms, the result is 5 or 6; i set 8, the result is 8 or 9...)
- stop after is limited to 99.999 (which is kind of strange and not very useful)
- constant toggling via icon (of notification area) is not convenient at all (i always hide this icon)
- seemingly a hotkey for toggling could not be set

so yes, feature #1 is already implemented but it is full of disadvantages and it is not as good as in the image that i posted earlier. and feature #2 seems to be quite important but it is absent in screenshot captor

Ath:
- there is a minor problem: rate is always not precise (i set 5 ms, the result is 5 or 6; i set 8, the result is 8 or 9...)
-adamantine (November 03, 2014, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds like a totally different problem: Taking a screenshot every 5 milliseconds is probably faster than Windows can store the image on disk, so the next one might be a bit delayed... :o
And needing that feature, a more efficient solution might be to make a screen-movie, instead of a bunch of separate image files, that are not stored very efficient, compared to a (usually stored compressed) movie.
You might better use ESR (Easy Screencast Recorder) for that.

adamantine:
Ath
sorry, that was a mistake. i had to write 5 s (or 5000 ms) instead of 5 ms

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version