ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ed Snowden Taught Me To Smuggle Secrets Past Incredible Danger. Now I Teach You.

<< < (2/2)

Innuendo:
I've finally looked up how to use PGP with email and got it all set up, but since I know absolutely nobody else who uses PGP for their email I can't even try it out. :)-Deozaan (October 31, 2014, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most people who would use PGP refuse to use it due to the overwhelming amount of (circumstantial) evidence that PGP has an NSA backdoor in it.

If you're going to use something like this, you may want to look into GPG (Gnu Privacy Guard). It's Open Source so not much chance of any backdoors being slipped in.

Deozaan:
I've finally looked up how to use PGP with email and got it all set up, but since I know absolutely nobody else who uses PGP for their email I can't even try it out. :)-Deozaan (October 31, 2014, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Most people who would use PGP refuse to use it due to the overwhelming amount of (circumstantial) evidence that PGP has an NSA backdoor in it.

If you're going to use something like this, you may want to look into GPG (Gnu Privacy Guard). It's Open Source so not much chance of any backdoors being slipped in.
-Innuendo (November 02, 2014, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I actually am using GPG. I'm using Thunderbird with Enigmail. The article I read about it said that GPG and PGP are used interchangeably, so I wasn't worried about using the correct one when talking/typing about it. But I guess I should make sure to use the right term after all.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version