ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free PDF creation (PrimoPDF)

(1/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Not heard of this one before - I don't need it but I thought others might be interested:

http://www.primopdf.com/

Free for non-commercial use.

Convert to PDF from any application by simply 'printing' to the PrimoPDF® printer - it couldn't be easier! Within minutes, you can create high-quality PDFs by converting from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and virtually any other printable file type.

Download PrimoPDF Now!
    * FREE PDF Converter - not a trial version.
    * Print to PDF from virtually any application.
    * Create PDF output optmized for print, screen, ebook, or prepress.
    * No annoying pop-up ads, no registration requirement - no catch!
    * High-quality, easy to use PDF creator for all users.

*Windows 98 users should download version 1.0 here.

* NEW! Secure PDFs with 40-/128-bit encryption, allowing the highest level of security for your PDF files. Settings include password to open, password to change, disable printing, disable text/graphics copying, disable commenting, disable text editing, disable page addition.
    * NEW! Add document information (e.g. title, author, subject, keywords) to converted PDF files, resulting in faster and easier searching of PDF documents.
--- End quote ---

Eóin:
Personally I like PDFCreator, no nags or similar annoyances. Also that reminds me I should upgrade to latest version :) .

JavaJones:
I use Primo a lot and it's great. Better for less experienced users than PDFCreator (if it's the app I'm thinking of). If I recall correctly PDFCreator is more customizable but the simple controls and defaults in Primo seem to work great for my users.

- Oshyan

brett:

And just to add to the selection list

Bullzip PDF Printer

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

I used Primo for a while but Bullzip won me over with its 1 step file process.

I dont think there is a simpler one out there. no interface. no ads.

Primo , verygood , 7/10
Bullzip , excellent , 9/10

dB

mouser:
nice finds, all of them!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version