ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Power Cord Falling Out

<< < (3/3)

lanux128:
scancode wrote this some time back - BatteryStatus.

• https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20301.msg181616#msg181616

anandcoral:
After I got my first laptop with Win 8, I was finding it problematic to keep tab of the battery status from the tray bar battery, all in white. It did not change color to indicate full or low battery.

A search brought to Battery Delay. Well now I get message every 10th % status and I am happy with it.

Regards,

Anand

shmuel1:
I was having the same problem with my laptop so I wrote this small script. I attached the script here as an .exe. Let me know if you need changes.

--- Code: AutoIt ---#include <WinAPISys.au3>Dim $return While 1 ; infinite loop   $return = _WinAPI_GetSystemPowerStatus()   If $return[0] = 0 Then ; the first value in the returned array is 0 if the laptop is not plugged in          ToolTip(@CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & "     Power cable unplugged!     " & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & @CRLF & " ", @DesktopWidth/2 - 75, @DesktopHeight/5)   Else          ToolTip("") ; close ToolTip   EndIf   Sleep(1000)WEnd

IainB:
...Despite this, the software seems to work OK so far. The change log history looks quite comprehensive and informative too - all nicely done.
I read on there that the forum server was being provided via a relatively new service supplier, so maybe they are having some teething troubles with it, or something. I shall try to post feedback again after a couple of days' elapsed time.
-IainB (October 29, 2014, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never did post that feedback, but, after having re-installed BattCursor on a Win10-64 environment recently, I thought I should mention that the latest version is still v1.2.0.0 and dates from 2009-04-22. The website seems to not function in English any more and it looks like it may have been discontinued, but you can still find it on Wayback OK, though you can't seem to download the file from there.

I have a note from 2015-06-29: disable this software from automatically downloading updates. It tries to load with software from MK Software, and crashes the installer and the app.

As at 2016-01-28, this is still the case, as it thinks v1.2.0.1 is available, but it's evidently not.

wjamoe:
Another variation at  1hour software by skrommel using ahk.

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#BatteryRun

Run commands (wav) when the power chord is connected or disconnected

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version