ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Matchstick - A streaming stick using Firefox OS [Kickstarter]

<< < (4/7) > >>

4wd:
Blog post about the latest firmware update:

This version is largely a maintenance release with fixes including memory leak, EMMC issue, and HDMI output display errors. We have also made numerous preparations in this version to get ready for the soon-to-be-announced release of AdHoc mode and Local Play mode. Stay tuned !
--- End quote ---

As one comment mentioned:
Hey devs - it's great you released this update, but so you know, this update is only relevant to the 500 dev units you already shipped. The other 24,021 final units aren't given a single mention and it comes across a little teasing/harsh to literally 98% of your audience in these updates. In the future I'd recommend you try to give some sort of update to 98% of your audience that's patiently waiting, in addition to the 2% of dev units already shipped. :)
--- End quote ---

Still twiddling my thumbs.

Deozaan:
Yeah, I was left wondering what the point was of sending out that email. It sounds like the update will install automatically the next time you power it on, so even if you were one of the few who got a device, why would you need to be notified about this version update?

Deozaan:
So, when is it time to start a class action lawsuit or whatever to get a refund since they seem to have gone AWOL? I see some comments in the KickStarter mention something about August, but I don't see any of the recent updates say anything about updates/shipments happening in August.

Deozaan:
Here's a recent update:

Last fall we promised you support for AdHoc mode and Local Play as our Kickstarter stretch goals. Well, we are super excited to let you know both features are now available. Just download Matchstick’s latest Android or iOS set-tup app from Google Play or AppStore and you will be all set to go.

With AdHoc mode, you can connect your mobile device to Matchstick directly and fling content from that device to your TV without requiring any Internet connection. Bring your favorite content to any big screen TV and share your stories with friends. Or bring your own entertainment to your hotel room next time you travel. The possibilities are endless. No complicated setup or pairing required. And Local Play lets you stream content from your local servers to the big screen. SAMBA is supported.

So give it a spin and let us know how you like it. We’d love to hear from you on any suggestions for improvements and bug reports. Thanks for helping us get this far.
--- End quote ---

Once again, another update praising the awesome new features that barely any of their backers can use since we don't have the hardware.

CWuestefeld:
But it says all we have to do is download the latest...   :mad:

I suppose that they're (a) talking to developers and (b) letting us see a pulse. But it's awfully tone-deaf for them not to realize just what responses this will evoke from those of us that funded it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version