ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Android shortcuts

(1/1)

kalos:
Hello!

I want with a single click, to open Google maps and navigate from my location to a specific location

I want with a single click to open MobileVOIP app, wait to login and call a specific number

Are these possible?

Thanks!

Deozaan:
For the first one, yes.

There's a widget called "Directions" which you can just put on your "desktop" and it will have you configure it to set the destination and navigation type (car, public transportation, biking, or walking).

For the second one... Sounds like your MobileVOIP app would need a widget to support that. Or if it could hook into your device so that calls made were intercepted and the MobileVOIP app was made as the default app (I used GrooVeIP which did this). Then you could just use a Contact widget to call the contact and let the MobileVOIP app intercept/override it and go from there.

Ath:
An android app should specifically support that feature, so you should probably ask the vendor (or search the help/docs) if they support that. I'd expect the app to have a feature of 'Create start-screen shortcut' or something similar.

kalos:
For the first one, yes.

There's a widget called "Directions" which you can just put on your "desktop" and it will have you configure it to set the destination and navigation type (car, public transportation, biking, or walking).

For the second one... Sounds like your MobileVOIP app would need a widget to support that. Or if it could hook into your device so that calls made were intercepted and the MobileVOIP app was made as the default app (I used GrooVeIP which did this). Then you could just use a Contact widget to call the contact and let the MobileVOIP app intercept/override it and go from there.
-Deozaan (October 28, 2014, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Midnight Rambler:
Shortcut Creator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alextern.shortcuthelper) enabled me to create shortcuts to Notification Access, Bluetooth, and Accessibility settings with ease. Allowed external gallery icon although not all galleries found. Small Shortcut Creator icon automatically created in the right bottom corner of any shortcut icon in Oreo (8.1) is annoying. Too bad it can't be eliminated. Still very handy overall and the most versatile shortcut creation app I've found. Try it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version