ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Emergency Broadcast System ?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Renegade:
Wondered where Wiki got this
 (see attachment in previous post)
-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Not me. Mine is far better~! :P

crabby3:
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (October 29, 2014, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should have shopped his tongue sticking out   ;D

MilesAhead:
I had forgotten uniforms.  Public school detention, suspension and expulsion are worse.  Of course by 9th most have matured?
-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the old days, in the city, even the public schools had corporal punishment.  I remember one day I was walking by the public elementary school, since School Street went right across the top of my street.  I noticed something was up.  The whole schoolyard was filled.  But it wasn't recess.  It looked more like a graduation ceremony.  Each class was grouped as a rectangle.  Turns out it was a punishment ceremony.  The entire student body was turned out like on the deck of The Bounty to witness the wrong doer taking his lashes.  In front of the whole school the kid had to hold out his hand as the principal swatted it with a wooden rod.  Pretty medieval.

Afa maturity by 9th grade, the ones who didn't run for Congress, President etc..   :)

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (October 29, 2014, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should have shopped his tongue sticking out   ;D
-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would have been an improvement! :P :P :P :P :P

crabby3:
I had forgotten uniforms.  Public school detention, suspension and expulsion are worse.  Of course by 9th most have matured?
-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the old days, in the city, even the public schools had corporal punishment.  I remember one day I was walking by the public elementary school, since School Street went right across the top of my street.  I noticed something was up.  The whole schoolyard was filled.  But it wasn't recess.  It looked more like a graduation ceremony.  Each class was grouped as a rectangle.  Turns out it was a punishment ceremony.  The entire student body was turned out like on the deck of The Bounty to witness the wrong doer taking his lashes.  In front of the whole school the kid had to hold out his hand as the principal swatted it with a wooden rod.  Pretty medieval.

Afa maturity by 9th grade, the ones who didn't run for Congress, President etc..   :)

-MilesAhead (October 29, 2014, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

There may have been corporal punishment at my schools as well... i never tested the systems.  I didn't want to piss off my parents.  It was hard enough defending my C- average.  Didn't want any U's on the report card.  Didn't want to invite any reprisals.  Neither one hit me but mom had cut-off my Oreos and tv before and dad never seemed to run out of extra yard work.  Goofing off just wasn't worth it.

Afa maturity... my 9th was still part of Jr. High (middle school).  The girls had magically lost their cooties and gained some makeup.  What a nice change.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version