ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Emergency Broadcast System ?

<< < (6/8) > >>

crabby3:

Do or did nuns actually smack with rulers?  That seems to be the Standard Catholic Nun behavior in tv comedies.

--- End quote ---

At my school they were sicker than that.  They made you smack yourself across the knuckles with the ruler.  As you are hitting yourself the nun tells you "Harder.  Harder.  More." etc..

I refused to do it.  It was just too pervy.  It was better to let them call my house and have my father kick my ass when he got home from work.  At least I wasn't beating myself up.  When I got to 8th grade the nun who was home room teacher just laughed when I clowned around.  She was cool.

-MilesAhead (October 29, 2014, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... to too pervy  ;)  Nuns all the way to 12th?

I don't think I've ever seen a live nun.   :huh:

MilesAhead:

Do or did nuns actually smack with rulers?  That seems to be the Standard Catholic Nun behavior in tv comedies.

--- End quote ---

At my school they were sicker than that.  They made you smack yourself across the knuckles with the ruler.  As you are hitting yourself the nun tells you "Harder.  Harder.  More." etc..

I refused to do it.  It was just too pervy.  It was better to let them call my house and have my father kick my ass when he got home from work.  At least I wasn't beating myself up.  When I got to 8th grade the nun who was home room teacher just laughed when I clowned around.  She was cool.

--- End quote ---

-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 05:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope.  In highschool they had Brothers to smack you around.  I was informed by my older brother who attended a Catholic highschool that they were skilled at giving you a short punch in the ribs in the corridor while shielding it from view.  I was signed up to attend the same school.  Fortunately for me we moved to the burbs and I switched to regular public school.  No uniforms.  The desks weren't bolted down.  No corporal punishment.  Nirvana.  :)

crabby3:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-crabby3 (October 29, 2014, 05:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope.  In highschool they had Brothers to smack you around.  I was informed by my older brother who attended a Catholic highschool that they were skilled at giving you a short punch in the ribs in the corridor while shielding it from view.  I was signed up to attend the same school.  Fortunately for me we moved to the burbs and I switched to regular public school.  No uniforms.  The desks weren't bolted down.  No corporal punishment.  Nirvana.  :)

-MilesAhead (October 29, 2014, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had forgotten uniforms.  Public school detention, suspension and expulsion are worse.  Of course by 9th most have matured?   ;D

Renegade:
Random thought: I want a Faraday cage.
-Renegade (October 28, 2014, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

It needs to be grounded to be effective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat#Electromagnetic_radiation
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Edvard (October 28, 2014, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey! My hat happens to be professionally made from high-grade foil.

I'm considering upgrading to a copper-infused version with a Jolly Roger on the front.

Interesting to see how many people here got beat as kids.

crabby3:
Random thought: I want a Faraday cage.
-Renegade (October 28, 2014, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

It needs to be grounded to be effective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat#Electromagnetic_radiation
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Edvard (October 28, 2014, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey! My hat happens to be professionally made from high-grade foil.

I'm considering upgrading to a copper-infused version with a Jolly Roger on the front.
-Renegade (October 29, 2014, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wondered where Wiki got this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version