ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Please recommend a clipboard & note manager with the following features

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
@dr_andus: Sorry, I wasn't intending anything I wrote to address whatever problems people might be having with any software, as that could start a red-herring discussion in this particular thread about which PIM was "best" or should be chosen "over" another.
So, all I would say about WizNote is that it seems to be a superb PIM.

It also seems to me that the matter of choice is probably inevitably dependent on whether the user finds that a particular PIM (or some piece of software fulfilling a required function) meets their requirements - always assuming that the user actually knows or has discovered what their requirements are in the first place.

Knowing/discovering one's requirements is arguably likely to be a necessary and logical prerequisite to making an evaluation and choice between PIMs (or some pieces of software fulfilling a required function). Because I am unsure of what all my requirements really are or could be, I prefer to trial different software and gain experience on a suck-it-and-see basis. I better run the risk of discovering or learning about new possibilities that way.

My peculiar requirements tend to be constantly and incrementally evolving as I see/discover or learn of new ways to encompass the use of technology to serve discrete purposes that I might not have previously perceived as being feasible requirements.
For example, I had previously considered my requirements of automatically including text in images and spoken words in sound files to be part of my data as being largely infeasible in a PIM. They were special kinds of data that then-current PIM technology could not handle, except for some cloud-based services that could sometimes cope with them in a constrained manner. So when OneNote showed what was possible in this regard, in the client software, they became firm requirements for me, and the functionality is available for an integrated client- and cloud-based database distribution.

However, these requirements might be peculiar to me, and many users might not actually have requirements for this sort of functionality.
For example, if @motiontwelve doesn't need or want that particular functionality, but still wants a sort of monolithic all-in-one Clipboard+PIM functionality, then he could do a lot worse than plump for (say) Zoot or  WizNote (as you may have been suggesting).

dr_andus:
IainB, thanks for your thoughts on WizNote. And I agree with you concerning the below. In the end being able to do something useful with the collected stuff becomes more important than the collecting itself (though it would be nice if the leading PIMs improved their clippers, too).

If you are expecting to find that a just-developed clipboard information management tool can be a useful adjunct to meeting your PIM needs, you are probably in for some disappointment and frustration. From experience, I would suggest that you focus on meeting your needs using tried-and-tested tools which are already well into their development lifecycle.
-IainB (November 02, 2014, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

hulkbuster:
I use ClipDiary.v3.4. Can delete database, create hotkeys, numerable numbers of clips, sounds, remembers the number of files, folders copied, pasted or moved. Knock yourself.

Website

hulkbuster:
Anyone looking for a free ClipDiary , there is a giveaway here.
Flashpaste 6.0

Same company that make ClipDiary.http://softvoile.com/

tomos:
I found the Giveaway serial . Offline Activate.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- End quote ---
-hulkbuster (November 05, 2014, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

If they dont share the serial number, I think that we shouldn't either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version