ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

The Best Way to handle finding and removiong Duplicate Files

<< < (6/6)

rjbull:
Back when I was more excercised about nuking dupes, I used

DoubleKiller.  Last update was 2015, as the author is probably working on his PhD.

Two more different approaches:

Cathy is a media cataloguing tool; in my experience, it's very fast at making catalogues.  It has a "search duplicates or singles" feature.

Nir Sofer's SearchMyFiles has a "Find duplicates" feature that can be combined with normal file-finding criteria.

ewemoa:
Used dupeGuru reasonably recently to remove something like 400+GB of duplicate backup files for a friend, (a laborious undertaking - backups of backups of backups of .... ), worked well.

There's also AntiDupl if you want to find primarily image duplicates, (or close duplicates), including across different formats - my go to software for that instance.
-4wd (December 22, 2019, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm more in favor of dupeGuru now.  I had used it a bit before, but your opinion is much appreciated!

Had never heard of AntiDupl, thanks for mentioning it.

ewemoa:
Nir Sofer's SearchMyFiles has a "Find duplicates" feature that can be combined with normal file-finding criteria.
-rjbull (December 22, 2019, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have had good success with this one in the past  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version