ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

(Video): When to use a comma.

(1/1)

KynloStephen66515:
Let’s Begin…
It isn't easy holding complex sentences together (just ask a conjunction or a subordinate), but the clever little comma can help lighten the load. But how to tell when help is really needed? Terisa Folaron offers some tricks of the comma trade.
--- End quote ---

Source: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/comma-story-terisa-folaron

tomos:
Oh, ffs, this is like being back at school :D

* Stephen66515 posts a video about commas, in spite of the fact it might remind us of school :p (good use of commas, innit?)

I'm reminded: I joined the donationcoder fan club a couple of years ago - where you get stickers, membership card, etc. in the post.
I can still remember the envelope from Jesse, this was stamped on the back:
; Semi-colon
The most under-
appreciated
punctuation mark

KynloStephen66515:
Oh, ffs, this is like being back at school :D

* Stephen66515 posts a video about commas, in spite of the fact it might remind us of school :p (good use of commas, innit?)

I'm reminded: I joined the donationcoder fan club a couple of years ago - where you get stickers, membership card, etc. in the post.
I can still remember the envelope from Jesse, it had a stamp on the back saying:
; Semi-colon
The most under-
appreciated
punctuation mark
-tomos (October 25, 2014, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

All my DC promo stuff got lost when my old house got broken into :(  I want's all my cool stuff back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version