ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

auto wifi

(1/3) > >>

kalos:
Hello
Often in order to connect to a wifi network, it is required that you visit a webpage and click there a login button or enter your username and password and login etc.
This procedure you often need to repeat after some time.

As you understand, this is very problematic. I just want whenever I am in range and whenever I have wifi enabled, I want to automatically connect to the saved wifi network, without having to do extra actions.

Is this possible?

I understand that the network administrator may somehow control access to the wifi, but since I have the credentials, I want to automatically connect!

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

MilesAhead:
The job sounds suited for an auto form filler like LastPass.  On the other hand, if you're not connected to anything yet you may need a form filler that uses a local store. (I haven't used LastPass in awhile.  It may have that as an option.)

Here's Gizmo's list:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-web-form-filler-password-manager.htm#Quick_Selection_Guide

kalos:
oh, I forgot to mention I am talking about my android mobile phone!

rgdot:
Android wifi with credentials doesn't auto connect?  Thought that's always the case, I know of people having the exact opposite problem, connecting when they don't want to and having to uncheck settings/'forget' connections

Ath:
Android wifi with credentials doesn't auto connect?-rgdot (October 25, 2014, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

The WiFi does connect, but the proxy/router asks for confirmation or credentials before you are allowed to access the outside world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version