ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Are Ubisoft trying to kill PC gaming?

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
This is status quo for PC gaming. Remember when Crysis came out? A top-of-the-line, brand new PC couldn't run it on the highest settings. AC:U will likely be used for benchmarking purposes for the next few years until even CPU-embedded graphics can run it and then the next bigger and better thing will replace it.
-Deozaan (October 24, 2014, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.

See, that's the thing...Crysis actually NEEDED those specs in order to run on max settings...people from all over are reporting that this game actually completely locks out at 30FPS even on some incredible SLI setups using some really top spec graphics cards.
-Stephen66515 (October 24, 2014, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

How can we say that AC:U doesn't before it comes out?  And those minimum specs are nowhere near a 2k machine.  Even the VC on the higher range spec isn't terribly expensive.

Also, the title of this thread sort of reminds me of linkbait.  :huh:

KynloStephen66515:
This is status quo for PC gaming. Remember when Crysis came out? A top-of-the-line, brand new PC couldn't run it on the highest settings. AC:U will likely be used for benchmarking purposes for the next few years until even CPU-embedded graphics can run it and then the next bigger and better thing will replace it.
-Deozaan (October 24, 2014, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

This.

See, that's the thing...Crysis actually NEEDED those specs in order to run on max settings...people from all over are reporting that this game actually completely locks out at 30FPS even on some incredible SLI setups using some really top spec graphics cards.
-Stephen66515 (October 24, 2014, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

How can we say that AC:U doesn't before it comes out?  And those minimum specs are nowhere near a 2k machine.  Even the VC on the higher range spec isn't terribly expensive.

Also, the title of this thread sort of reminds me of linkbait.  :huh:
-wraith808 (October 25, 2014, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

No intention of a Linkbait/Clickbait style title...I hate Clickbait and have unfollowed about 50 different people/pages on Facebook this week alone just for doing crap like "OMG MAN GOES OUTSIDE, YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT" - "FAMILY BUYS SON A PUPPY, AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS UNBELIEVABLE - THEY NEVER THOUGHT ANYTHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

My answer to both of those is..."No...I won't...and I won't ever find out, cause I ain't clicking ANYTHING from you" :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version