ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Explorer Context Menu to Move Selected Items to Specific Folders

<< < (3/6) > >>

4wd:
FileMenu Tools does what you want except for the locating of the items at the top of the context menu.

Turn off the "Show all Commands in SubMenu" under the Options menu.

I doubt whether you'll get the re-ordering of context menu across all filetypes done through the use of a simple .reg file since some of the entries are put there by context menu handlers, eg. FileMenu Tool.
In which case use RightClicker, why reinvent the wheel?

If you want to add some entries via the registry: Context menu entries

IainB:
If someone can code "MoveStuff.reg" it would be interesting to study that code, and see how it can be done.
-nkormanik (October 27, 2014, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm. the prospect of using the Registry as you seem to be suggesting could be akin to using a fork to hammer in a nail - i.e., it's probably not the right tool for the job. However, having said that, I am aware of some small PC programs of yore that effectively used the Registry as their primary database...which is quite cunning, but probably not according to Hoyle. I mean, it's arguably not really what the Registry was designed for.

When I took a look before at FileMenu Tools in that other thread that @lanux128 refers to, I though it looked pretty useful, but I haven't tried it out yet as I have no need for it. However, it's $FREE - whereas you would probably have to pay for the greater functionality in xplorer², if you were likely to need it for the longer term.

There is another potentially useful tool that may be of interest (I haven't used it myself) - Belvedere:

* How to Automatically Clean and Organize Your Desktop, Downloads, and Other Folders
* Belvedere Automates Your Self-Cleaning PC

nkormanik:
4wd is indeed correct.  Just by turning off the "Show all Commands in SubMenu" under the Options menu, "Move to..." now appears directly in the right-click context menu, exactly as I was wanting.

Many thanks, 4wd.

Hope others might possibly find this discussion useful.  I sure have.

Skwire, another one done.

Sorryformyen:
I know it's an old discussion, but what version of FileMenuTools are you using?
In current 7.5, the custom folders in MoveTo command is only unlocked by purchasing the license.

4wd:
When the thread was active it would have been v6.6 according to the changelog.

FMT v7.5 licences were recently available free as a give away.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=46385.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version