ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox windows and CPU slow-downs and restarts

<< < (3/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm running Cyberfox x64 on Windows 8.0 x64.  If I had a lot of email to handle it would be unusable.  As it is it's mostly receipts for purchases or notices from forums.  Even so it's click and wait to the max.  I've been using hotmail since before MS bought it.  So I don't think I'll abandon it.  Just for grins I'll have to try with Opera x64 andd see how it responds.

Edit:  Opera is snappy.  For some reason though every time I click a mail it shows the context menu, then opens it.  There's no lag though.

famewolf:
You might take a look at the "Suspend Tab" extension which auto hibernates tabs at a user configurable time setting....I've found it has stopped me from having to restart firefox when I have 30 tabs open I don't wanna close.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/suspend-tab/

bababooey:
I've been looking around intermittently for solutions to pokey FF performance and this is the only place I found useful information. Thanks guys!

Skrell:
I would also recommend trying Palemoon which i've noticed performs much better on XP than the latest FF.   The only issue might be the latest version of Palemoon broke a bunch of extensions.  :-/   

MilesAhead:
Just for grins I'm trying 33.02 installed Firefox 32 bit.  Hotmail seems snappier.  But moving the vertical scroll bar is still horrid.  It keeps snapping to the top if new content is added.  It's like I have to fight it.

I'll see how it goes.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version