ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Chip Wars: AMD vs Intel .... GO!

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
I've pretty much stuck with AMD CPUs purely for the cost - I really can't justify the extra cost of Intel, (both CPU & MB), for the little bit of gain.

The only Intel CPUs I have are ones where I didn't get a choice, ie. laptop, netbook, and freebie Dell XPS.

Renegade:
I vote for Texas Instruments and Motorola!

MilesAhead:
All the other listed CPUs were very noisy.-MilesAhead (October 22, 2014, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do CPUs actually make noise? :huh:
-Deozaan (October 22, 2014, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they can play Madonna.  :)

It turns out on the Phenom it was actually the GPU fan kept kicking in.  That thing surged so it sounded like a tropical storm was outside.

4wd:
That thing surged so it sounded like a tropical storm was outside.-MilesAhead (October 23, 2014, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seeing as you're in Florida, it probably was  :P

MilesAhead:
That thing surged so it sounded like a tropical storm was outside.-MilesAhead (October 23, 2014, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seeing as you're in Florida, it probably was  :P
-4wd (October 23, 2014, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Too often true.  Seems like every big breeze the cable went out for 2 weeks.  No internet, no TV. Usually we got power back in 2 to 4 days.

Ironically Katrina passed right through but it was only up to 80 MPH.  I didn't lose cable or power.  It picked up all the ferocity over the gulf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version