ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

when will we eventually be able to

<< < (8/12) > >>

Stoic Joker:
just a ring to the hole of the fuel slot would be suffice!-kalos (October 21, 2014, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Explain that to the mother of the flaming baby.. ;)

MilesAhead:
Hmm, there's something to be said for the old manual way of doing things.  When I was in High School my father got this sudden urge to take a break from electronics and become a gas station dealer.

In the summer it was actually fun.  Especially wiping the wind screens of hot chicks in mini-skirts.  The customer just sat on his or her ass and rolled down the window to order fuel.  The attendant wiped the windshield and if requested, checked the oil and even the tire air pressure.  There was no slot to put quarters in for compressed air.  It was free and at sufficient pressure it didn't take 5  minutes to inflate one tire.

The full service gas station had its good points.  I probably never would have gotten into auto repair except from my father's station I learned tire change, balance and oil change etc..

Winter and heavy rain is another story best forgotten.  :)  I remember the summers.  :)

kalos:
A robotic arm that refuels cars in service stations has been launched in the Netherlands.

MilesAhead:
For electric cars they can just Tesla Zap you.  :)

There may be a long wait to "fully charged" though.

Stoic Joker:
A robotic arm that refuels cars in service stations has been launched in the Netherlands.
-kalos (October 22, 2014, 02:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um... That article doesn't actually support your position, as it primarily confirms all of the issues/drawbacks mentioned earlier.

For electric cars they can just Tesla Zap you.  :)

There may be a long wait to "fully charged" though.-MilesAhead (October 22, 2014, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not really, Tesla came out with that video awhile back (posted on the board somewhere) where they can now change the entire battery pack in like 1.5 minutes at special service stations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version