ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Portatil to control a desktop pc

<< < (2/3) > >>

Contro:
TeamViewer :-* is incredibly easy to set up and a joy to use. So it's an excellent choice. But it's only free for personal use. Otherwise, it gets pricey.
-40hz (October 18, 2014, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think for me is personal use. Always connecting the same pc's . Not for giving support.
In my case and don't need the internet connection.

Although i am thinking the possibility to install in samsung s4 and try.

:-\

Contro:
You can install a Google Chrome Extension that will allow you to remote to your other devices.

It's also very useful to access your PC from an Android device.
-Deozaan (October 18, 2014, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have heard of this program. It's more recent than the others.

:-*

I'll take a good look
And comment.

I am almost decanted for UltraVNC and TeamViewer

Comments : is only for internet. The connection for the laptop and the pc is with a RJ45 cross cable.
May be an option for the samsung s4, but will be a third program....

:-*

Contro:
Really i need synergy plus using UltraVNC or TeamViewer ?

What i really would like to know is if i need a bios modification for launching the desktop without keyboard or mouse attached, and no monitor....

40hz:

Really i need synergy plus using UltraVNC or TeamViewer ?-Contro (October 18, 2014, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. They have the same functionalities. Pick one. Using more than one can cause all kinds of weird problems since they all access mostly the same interrupts. If this is all for for personal use, go with TeamViewer. It's the easiest to set up, has virtually no reliability issues, is fast, and deals with slow connection speeds really well. TeamViewer is one of the top apps used by tech support people to provide remote customer assistance.

If you like to tinker, go with VNC or Synergy.

What i really would like to know is if i need a bios modification for launching the desktop without keyboard or mouse attached, and no monitor....

--- End quote ---

You can disable the "check for keyboard on startup" in most BIOS settings these days. Just go into the BIOS setup screen (hit F2 or whatever your BIOS uses) and poke around. It'll be in there somewhere. You can also disable onboard video if you want. If you don't want to use a mouse, just don't plug one in. They're mostly USB these days, and there's no point in disabling USB ports just to not use a mouse. Running a PC in a 'headless' configuration is no big deal these days. However...if for some reason your remote connection fails, disabling too much can make it difficult to get back into the PC to troubleshoot things afterwards.

8)

Contro:
Really i need synergy plus using UltraVNC or TeamViewer ?-Contro (October 18, 2014, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. They have the same functionalities. Pick one. Using more than one can cause all kinds of weird problems since they all access mostly the same interrupts. If this is all for for personal use, go with TeamViewer. It's the easiest to set up, has virtually no reliability issues, is fast, and deals with slow connection speeds really well. TeamViewer is one of the top apps used by tech support people to provide remote customer assistance.

If you like to tinker, go with VNC or Synergy.

--- End quote ---

You can disable the "check for keyboard on startup" in most BIOS settings these days. Just go into the BIOS setup screen (hit F2 or whatever your BIOS uses) and poke around. It'll be in there somewhere. You can also disable onboard video if you want. If you don't want to use a mouse, just don't plug one in. They're mostly USB these days, and there's no point in disabling USB ports just to not use a mouse. Running a PC in a 'headless' configuration is no big deal these days. However...if for some reason your remote connection fails, disabling too much can make it difficult to get back into the PC to troubleshoot things afterwards.

8)
-40hz (October 18, 2014, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really clear. Thanks very much. Team Viewer adopted and suplented by ultraVPC. Synergy discarded.

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version