ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY PRE-RELEASE: Dedicated Windows client for Slack

<< < (7/8) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
We now have our own Slack team site on slack.com!

Anybody who wants to be part of it, please inbox me with your e-mail address and I will send you an invitation :)

KynloStephen66515:
Update: 30th October 2014

2 Issues have been identified within SlackyApp.  These issues are outlined below:

Known Issues
• If large amounts of data are passing through Slack at any one time (IE: Oeruse of the Giphy Integration), Window will go blank due to a possible memory leak - Bug has not been identified fully but I am aware of this happening.
• Cache and Memory not being cleared properly. - Resolution for this has been (hopefully) identified and will be resolved in the next build.

--- End quote ---

Issue #1 - I have no clue how to fix this at the moment, but will figure it out I hope
Issue #2 - I can think of several possible solutions for this, so a bit of trial and error will be in order to resolve this.

Another "Issue" has been pointed out, but it happens randomly and I can't be 100% sure if it a bug with SlackyApp OR the user in questions system.  This issue causes the audio notifications to randomly stop working (Although they do start back up again) - This could be an issue with how SlackyApp is handling the Desktop Notifications feature (Which, I will admit...It doesn't handle this very well).  This can hopefully be resolved very soon.

As it stands, I am really thinking about totally dropping the current WebCore that I use (Awesomium).  I seem to be highly limited by using this Core and it is causing more problems than it is solving.

It is entirely possible that the project as it stands will be scrapped in favor of another Core...but nothing is set in stone yet.

If I do decide to change everything then everybody here will be informed and I will let you all know how to work with the new build.

~Stephen

app103:
Where is the file? Slack just released an official Windows app, and yours is better. I can't promote yours if people can't download & try it.  :(

Deozaan:
I asked for a special portable edition (no installer needed) which I still have. I could mirror/host/post it if needed.

app103:
I asked for a special portable edition (no installer needed) which I still have. I could mirror/host/post it if needed.
-Deozaan (March 19, 2015, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can you edit the first post in the thread to add the link? I don't want anyone to have a hard time finding it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version