ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY PRE-RELEASE: Dedicated Windows client for Slack

<< < (6/8) > >>

rgdot:
This might be of interest:

The WordPress project is testing out Slack as our main real-time communication platform, replacing IRC and ad hoc Skype chats. When compiling a list of things people liked about our existing options, it was obvious that Slack was all of that and more, including:

Open for everyone
Friendly user interface
Easy asynchronous conversation
iOS and Android apps
Powerful customization abilities
Excellent search
Wait, replaces IRC? Yes. WordPress has always used Freenode for its real-time communication, and we’re especially grateful for what Freenode and IRC have done for Free and Open Source Software projects.
--- End quote ---

More at
https://make.wordpress.org/chat/

Deozaan:
You should make a DonationCoder slack team. :Thmbsup:

So I've noticed that when it's minimized to tray, if I double click or right-click and select "Show Main Window" it will make the window show up in the task bar, but it doesn't actually show the window until I click it in the task bar. So that's kind of useless.

Also, while it's in the state of still minimized but showing in the task bar, it also still shows it in the tray, which I think it should only do when it's minimized. Which... erm... I guess it is/does. So once you fix the first problem, this second one will also go away.

I'd also like to request a portable/zip/non-installer version.

app103:
It would be nice if you could discover what was enabling the audio alerts before, since they are no longer working for me. :(

KynloStephen66515:
It would be nice if you could discover what was enabling the audio alerts before, since they are no longer working for me. :(
-app103 (October 29, 2014, 03:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not going to lie...those audio alerts are driving me insane...It's not that they "don't" work, as I didn't remove anything to kill the functionality.  It seems that there is something bugging it out making them stop working for no reason at all...not sure why to be honest and really something I have to look deeper into.

KynloStephen66515:
This might be of interest:

The WordPress project is testing out Slack as our main real-time communication platform, replacing IRC and ad hoc Skype chats. When compiling a list of things people liked about our existing options, it was obvious that Slack was all of that and more, including:

Open for everyone
Friendly user interface
Easy asynchronous conversation
iOS and Android apps
Powerful customization abilities
Excellent search
Wait, replaces IRC? Yes. WordPress has always used Freenode for its real-time communication, and we’re especially grateful for what Freenode and IRC have done for Free and Open Source Software projects.
--- End quote ---

More at
https://make.wordpress.org/chat/
-rgdot (October 28, 2014, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Somehow missed yours and Deos posts before..not sure how :(

Bookmarked this and will see if I can use it to my advantage haha

You should make a DonationCoder slack team. :Thmbsup:

So I've noticed that when it's minimized to tray, if I double click or right-click and select "Show Main Window" it will make the window show up in the task bar, but it doesn't actually show the window until I click it in the task bar. So that's kind of useless.

Also, while it's in the state of still minimized but showing in the task bar, it also still shows it in the tray, which I think it should only do when it's minimized. Which... erm... I guess it is/does. So once you fix the first problem, this second one will also go away.

I'd also like to request a portable/zip/non-installer version.
-Deozaan (October 29, 2014, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Potable Version will hopefully be available with the next build of SlackyApp

Bugs have been identified and resolved and will no longer be in the next build :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version