ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY PRE-RELEASE: Dedicated Windows client for Slack

<< < (3/8) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
OK, There is only so long I am willing to wait for somebody from Slack to e-mail me back, and I think 5 days is long enough.  If they do decide they have a problem with me releasing this, then I will deal with it as and when.

I will be releasing the Software within the next 45 minutes.

For the moment, you CANNOT save login sessions.  What this means is when you close SlackyApp and open it back up again, you have to login to Slack...It isn't a HUGE problem or hassle for now so I am not hugely focused on getting this feature functional for the moment.

If you do have any feature requests, then please let me know.

Current feature requests waiting to be added to my list: (See first post)

KynloStephen66515:
Annoyingly, I can only upload files no bigger than 8MB to DonationCoder, so I am uploading the Installer to MediaFire.com - If the link doesn't work for you for any reason, let me know and I will upload elsewhere.

**edit** no longer using MediaFire.  The download is now stored on my own webserver

app103:
Feature requests:

1. That tray balloon should have a check box on it to not show it to you again.

2. Remember the last Slack domain used, in the text box.

Nope, I'm using one called Awesomium. Not 100% sure what it is based on but it worked very nicely for the main functions.
-Stephen66515 (October 20, 2014, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

From what I understand, it's based on Chromium 18, which is quite old, released back around the end of 2011. (Current version is v40.) So, this would be V8/WebKit based, not Blink.

http://answers.awesomium.com/questions/4346/what-web-browser-does-awesomium-v173-used.html

KynloStephen66515:
1. That tray balloon should have a check box on it to not show it to you again.

2. Remember the last Slack domain used, in the text box.
--- End quote ---

Added to my To-Do list :)

KynloStephen66515:
Update: v0.2.7.15

• Status Bar:  See what links you are about to visit when you hover the mouse over them.
• Show/Hide Balloon Tip on Minimize.
• Remember the last Slack domain used, in the text box.

New Users: Download from link in Original Post
Existing Users: Same as Above - Please UNINSTALL the current version of SlackApp that you have as the updater will NOT do this for you in the previous version.

From now, SlackyApp updates will all go into the same folders (I didn't realize the previous build went into it's own version folder instead of one main container...this has now been fixed and future installs will go in C:/Program Files (x86)/SlackyApp)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version