ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

SoftMaker Office HD, the only complete Office for Android tablets, free beta rev

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
All previously available office suites for Android have only basic features, more or less they are merely stripped down viewing tools. SoftMaker Office HD is the only office suite on the market with the same scope of features as a desktop Office. Everything you previously could do only on the PC or notebook can also be done by tablet now.
-CoolCat26 (October 17, 2014, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is rather incorrect from what I've seen.  And I'm not even a big android user...  Of course you could say that feature X is missing in others and so since you have feature X you're the only one that has it.  But that still wouldn't make it disingenuous.

Dormouse:
Tried opening a password protected file from the latest version of MS Word.
TextmakerHDbeta wouldn't do it because it doesn't support that version of password protection  :huh:

Polaris opened the file in a non-editable form; I can cope with that.

But Textmaker did open a password protected file (docx as well as its own format) from the desktop version of Softmaker, and I can cope with that quite well. :)

Overall, it does seem to have a lot of functionality and for someone who seems to be moving my productivity work away from my desk (PC) and tables (laptop) where I can, it does look very useful. I probably ought to revisit Kingsoft but I'm not sure I have the motivation.

J-Mac:
I haven't downloaded this yet but I did own and use the Softmaker office suite for Windows PPCs back before they were phones. THeir alternates for Word and Excel, Textmaker and Planmaker were truly the best I had seen. While Word and Excel for PPC - distributed by Microsoft - lost most formatting when syncing with a desktop Office version via ActiveSync, the Softmaker programs retained all formatting. And they had some really cool formats and styles. E.g., all 3D charts were available. Full-featured tables in Word, columns, text-wrapping.

I don’t know if the Android apps are the same but if so, I'll be using them.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version