ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

latex

<< < (2/2)

Edvard:
Ah, I thought you wanted to keep away from using manual tags altogether, Lyx lets you just apply section styles as you write.  I don't see where you have to manually insert commands right off.

There IS a mode you can use (that I forget at the moment), that lets you see the raw, tagged text in a split window from the formatted text.
EDIT: Ah, here it is, but you can't edit the raw document directly, you can only make changes and see the TeX code it generates.
From the top menu, click "View", then check "Source pane".  While you're at it, click "Outline pane" too.  Makes it easy to see an overview of the document and where you are in it.

Seriously, go through some of the tutorials and help files, they help a LOT.

Attronarch:
My preferred LaTeX editor is TexMaker. Kalos, it has what you are looking for, in the drop-down menus «LaTeX» and «Math», as well as left side panel symbols.

kalos:
My preferred LaTeX editor is TexMaker. Kalos, it has what you are looking for, in the drop-down menus «LaTeX» and «Math», as well as left side panel symbols.
-Attronarch (October 22, 2014, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just installed TexMaker.
It seems very hard to use program for people who are new to this.
I was expecting a GUI of mathematical symbols, that when you click on each icon, to display an example on how to use the code to generate what you want
is there anything like this?

Attronarch:
It has GUI for mathematical symbols. Activate «Structure», and scroll through the symbols in the vertical toolbar.

But it will not display examples. That is what LaTeX books are for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version