ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot captor locks files in explorer

(1/2) > >>

bbbbrett:
Screenshot captor locks files in explorer and they can't be deleted until SC is closed. Very annoying, does anybody know how to stop this. It does it with files in my Save folder.

mouser:
it shouldn't!
in fact SC won't even lock the current file you are viewing..
are you using a recent version?

bbbbrett:
Yes, I am using the latest version. When I try to delete files in my Save folder I get a windows message that the file is in use by Screenshot Captor. Don't know why but the folder is also my download folder and the files are always Video files I have downloaded, never JPG images etc, only seems to do it with Video files.

mouser:
ahhh video files.. interesting.. ok i am away from home but let me look into that when i get back, surely i can fix it.
are they only video files that you have clicked on in sc that has made sc load them into its main window?
in the mean time try this, go to the Miscelaneous Saving and Loading tab in options, and UNCHECK the option "Display videos in thumbnail panel" near bottom.  then restart.
let me know if that helps?

bbbbrett:
You are going to think I am an idiot but when I bring up the options (preferences) page I can only find "miscellaneous tweaks" and it does not have any option for that. Sorry but I have looked everywhere and cannot find any option to "Display videos in thumbnail panel".
The video files in question have never been opened in SC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version