topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SUGGESTION: Bezier curves  (Read 3529 times)

ScreenManiac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SUGGESTION: Bezier curves
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Lower priority, but nice-to-have: Curved lines that you can bend easily via 2 Bezier anchor points for dragging their shape
It's not just that they look nicer in many instances, they also avoid that crowded look of criss-crossing arrows all getting in each others way.

dvally

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SUGGESTION: Bezier curves
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41 AM »
I know I am responding to a really old post, but I was just wondering if this feature request was ever considered, discarded etc. The only thing I find myself wanting to use a competing application for is to get the bending arrows with 2 bezier points so that I can adjust the arrow lines around items I don't want to obscure. I don't use them for every capture, but arrows are a great way to point out something of interest. This extra feature would  make captures look more professional and would be appreciated. (at least by me)

Screenshot captor is an excellent application!  :Thmbsup:

Thanks for creating and maintaining it so well,

Don

ScreenManiac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46 AM »
This extra feature would  make captures look more professional and would be appreciated. (at least by me)
Screenshot captor is an excellent application!  :Thmbsup:
Thanks for creating and maintaining it so well,
I fully agree. SC surpasses the rest in terms of file handling and scrolling captures.

Professional apperance: If Bezier curves are out of the way, maybe the following could be implemented:
Combining arrows and lines in such a way that makes their end points interlock to form a new object that remains sizable at the joints.

My present workaround to avoid criss-crossing all over the image consists in combining arrows. But I have to start over each time. It's tedious work to keep a consistent look, and the copy and paste behavior doesn't make this easier. After you Shift-select a 3-component "custom arrow" and copy it, SC will deconstruct your edifice upon pasting, and you end up with 3 seperate parts that need to get aligned again.

Talking professional appearance: The paintbrush would make a nice highlighter pen if we could restrict it to straight lines by holding down Ctrl.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:51 AM by ScreenManiac »

dluby

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:43 AM »
I think the bezier curves and would be a nice addition.