ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Prevent some browsers executions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Contro:
There is always 'secpol.msc' where you can create software policy rules that can prevent the execution of any *.exe.

If the above terms don't mean anything to you or are not sure about, then you shouldn't attempt the above. At least not without getting to know what policies are and how they can affect the functionality of your Windows installation. It's easy to make a mess there.
-Shades (October 13, 2014, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

saved. I have to try with care

what I want simply is invite a user to browse from a virtual machine instead from the system.

Contro:
I haven't messed around much with policies. But I do have a link with some Registry Tweaks for those who have a Windows version lacking a group polocy editor.

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#4621

Don't ask me how to use it.  I saw it mentioned and it looked like a good link to save.  :)

-MilesAhead (October 14, 2014, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Saved. We will comment

Contro:
What does "accidental execution" mean exactly?

I don't understand what you are trying t accomplish.
-MilesAhead (October 13, 2014, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would like the user, or myself, use a virtual machine to navigate. But he need the system to browse when using his digital certificate from a card writer. The rest from the virtual machine. That's the idea.

MilesAhead:
What does "accidental execution" mean exactly?

I don't understand what you are trying t accomplish.
-MilesAhead (October 13, 2014, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would like the user, or myself, use a virtual machine to navigate. But he need the system to browse when using his digital certificate from a card writer. The rest from the virtual machine. That's the idea.

-Contro (October 14, 2014, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Contro:
Can i hide the executables ?

Trying

If a shorcut to an url is created I have to modify to ask for the password or simply execute.

How can I limit the new tabs operation ?

Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version