ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRM in your coffee maker, to stop you from brewing unlicensed coffees

<< < (8/11) > >>

mwb1100:
I have half a thought of buying one just so I can return it because it doesn't work with the coffee 'pods' I have.  Companies shouldn't be  able to get away with this kind of crap, and that seems to be a concrete way to let them know.

MilesAhead:
I have half a thought of buying one just so I can return it because it doesn't work with the coffee 'pods' I have.  Companies shouldn't be  able to get away with this kind of crap, and that seems to be a concrete way to let them know.
-mwb1100 (October 20, 2014, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I was an Auto Mechanic I remember having Phillips Head and slot screw drivers and a handle for hex socket both English and metric.  All set for stuff like removing a grille or door panel.  Then the automakers must have bought stock in the tool making companies because the grilles had new screws with weird depressions in them.  Sort of like those locking lug nuts where you need that stupid adapter to get the wheel off.  The SnapOn Guy(tm) is all smiles as he sells you the same crap over again.  Nothing like ripping off your customer base to endear your products.  Word of mouth advertizing NOT.  :)

40hz:
Of course it's kinda hard to feel too much sympathy for anyone who insists on buying an expensive brewing machine that produces an inferior tasting cuppa for approximately 75 cents a serving... :-\

However, if you want a superior tasting single cup, get one of the glass Kalita pour-over drip brewers. (Note: this model says 2-4 cups - but it's more like 12-16 ozs. which is just a large or x-large in my book.)

It may be a smidgen less "convenient" than a Keurig since you have to boil water, add a filter, put some coffee in it, and then pour. But in actual use, it only takes a few minutes. And most of us coffee regulars have the brewing choreography down so well we don't even need to think about it. As a plus you'll save a decent amount of counter space without that hulking Keurig. The only downside is the cost of the filters. Kalita doesn't save you any money there compared to the Keurig. But the superior cup you get is worth it IMO. Definitely a better choice for those times when you just want to brew a single large serving. The rest of the time you're better of making a regular pot. That's what a good quality glass thermal carafe is for.

Just my :two:  8)

Renegade:
Ok i'm [retty frigin drunmk and i think i culd use some koffe and it hink theat I shucl d not clik ppost or anything or athat coffee or what what that thinking.... perhaps moar coffee...

tomos:
Ok i'm [retty frigin drunmk and i think i culd use some koffe and it hink theat I shucl d not clik ppost or anything or athat coffee or what what that thinking.... perhaps moar coffee...
-Renegade (October 20, 2014, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version