ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRM in your coffee maker, to stop you from brewing unlicensed coffees

<< < (2/11) > >>

bob99:
Thanks for posting App...
I'd heard rumors of this but didn't research it further. I was planning to look at a Keurig the next time my good old Bunn coffee maker gave it up.
And then buy a couple of the reuseable baskets to be able to use the coffee of my choice.
Guess I'll be rethinking that decision.

Renegade:
Metering the air isn't far off I'm afraid.  :)
-MilesAhead (October 12, 2014, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why not? The Spaniards have taxed the sun.

Taxing air has already been proposed...

But let's not leave out taxing water...

No, I'm afraid that NOTHING is exempt from tax.

You do want to pay your fair share, don't you?  :-\

No?

Slay the masters!

That was just epic!  :Thmbsup:

DRM is chains. Why pay to shackle yourself? Slay the masters... Mwuahahahaha~!  8)

SeraphimLabs:
Damnit, we finally won the DRM war in the music area, and now these same madmen are going to try to attach it to coffee.

BOYCOTT KEURIG! USE ONLY GENUINE AFTERMARKET COFFEE PODS AND POD MACHINES!

Stoic Joker:
So... The cost of the - now additional - coffee pod DRM chip is passed on to the customer...who was trying to save money in the first place. Because the whole point of the Keurig was to not waste money making a whole pot when you only wanted one cup. Shit, they come with a brew your own coffee basket that's basically just a reusable pod ... So why don't they just work on cost control to keep the price down so people can afford to be loyal??

Talk about self defeating behavior...Damn!

...Think I'm going to go shopping for a Black Fedora.

MilesAhead:
Taxing air has already been proposed...
-Renegade (October 12, 2014, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wish I could remember the name of the stand-up comic.  One of his jokes was about being behind on his utilities, so they shut him off.. including air.  He acts like he's leaning against a lamp post spare changing.  All out of breath he says "man, could you ahh ahh ahh, spare some change for some air?"  
The audience tried to laugh big because they thought it was funny.  But they were behind on their air bills.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version