ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Dynamic date and time stamping of a document when it is printed

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
I need a way to automatically place a dynamic stamp onto a document when it is printed to the default printer.  The dynamic stamp would include the current date and time of printing (the dynamic aspect) and also include some static text, something along the lines of "This document expires 8 hours after the date and time listed."  Customizable text here would be sweet.

This needs to work with any printed document type, be it .TXT, .PDF or whatever, and this stamp must appear on every printed page.
-Byte (October 11, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

So you're needing something that can hook into the printer driver and modify/expand on the built-in (very limited) watermarking capabilities. And this has to auto-magically work for any print job, that is sent from any application ... Correct?

A commercial (e.g. very not cheap) version of this functionality can be found here: http://www.papercut.com/products/ng/manual/ch-printer-mgmt-watermarking.html. I have not personally used it extensively, but I did once review it for our company, and they do make some very nice software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version