ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY Q&A about what software can be submitted

(1/4) > >>

BGM:
If I have an unpublished program that I have already made, can I enter it in NANY?  Should I start a new thread for it?

mouser:
Easy question to answer:

Any software that has not yet been released publicly can be entered into NANY.
Yes you should start a new thread in this NANY 2015 section for the app.

A more difficult question concerns software that was released in 2014.  I am of the mind that we should include any software first publicly released in 2014, rather than restricting NANY to only things that have been written in last few months.

KynloStephen66515:
A more difficult question concerns software that was released in 2014.  I am of the mind that we should include any software first publicly released in 2014, rather than restricting NANY to only things that have been written in last few months.
-mouser (October 08, 2014, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with this, but only with the caveat that if Software falls under this category (Already released at some point this year) then the NANY release for it MST include MAJOR feature updates.  After all, NANY does stand for "NEW APPS for the new year" not "Stuff already released that we just want to give some publicity to" ;)

mouser:
I guess I just feel that maybe NANY should be a celebration of software released in the last 12 months.  That way we aren't PENALIZING people for releasing stuff a few months early..
Imagine person #A releases a new cool program every month.  Person #B writes a program in february but doesn't release it until December.
By our rules, person #B qualifies for NANY but person #A doesn't, and person #A's programs are disqualified from any NANY.
I don't like that.

I've thought for a while that NANY should be a celebration of apps released in the past year.. Or at least indie releases that haven't gotten much public attention..

KynloStephen66515:
I do somewhat agree, but still can't help but think that it some-what goes against the N in NANY which as we all know, stands for NEW.  Something released 9 months ago, isn't NEW lol. 

I know what you are getting at however so feel free to disagree with me completely lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version