ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release: MarkdownBuddy

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Any feedback... positive or negative on this?  I'm moving right now, so probably won't be able to finish the additional features until week after next, but wanted to see if there was any feedback.

Thanks!

skwire:
Doh, I overlooked this so I'll check it out when I get back from the store.

dr_andus:
UPDATE: Added HTML Export.  Need feedback on whether its confusing- instead of putting some dropdown or something, I just used the expedient of the selected file filter, i.e. if you choose PDF in the save dialog, it will export in PDF- otherwise it's HTML.
-wraith808 (December 07, 2014, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not confusing, but it didn't work on my system. Even when PDF is selected (which is the default option), it still saves it as HTML (and so does the HTML option). Personally I don't need the PDF option. Normally I print to PDF, and looks like CTRL+P does trigger the printer, so that's sufficient.

Clicking on the Information icon crashes the app on my system (Win 7, 64-bit).

Also, I had some encoding issues, with dashes, apostrophes, quotation marks and French accented characters being replaced by a dark square with a question mark.

I wasn't sure what the button before the close button is for. It didn't seem to do anything.

Otherwise it works fine, renders Markdown correctly. Aesthetically speaking, I'd prefer if it didn't justify paragraphs or at least the headings (i.e. align text left instead), as it makes the text look messy, by stretching it out (actually the paragraphs look fine, it's the longer headings really that are a problem).

But it's coming together nicely, so keep up the good work! Thanks! :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
UPDATE: Added HTML Export.  Need feedback on whether its confusing- instead of putting some dropdown or something, I just used the expedient of the selected file filter, i.e. if you choose PDF in the save dialog, it will export in PDF- otherwise it's HTML.
-wraith808 (December 07, 2014, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not confusing, but it didn't work on my system. Even when PDF is selected (which is the default option), it still saves it as HTML (and so does the HTML option). Personally I don't need the PDF option. Normally I print to PDF, and looks like CTRL+P does trigger the printer, so that's sufficient.
-dr_andus (December 14, 2014, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
it is based off of the extension currently, so if you don't put an extension in, it will default to html.  I might find a different way to do it if I can't get the filter.

Clicking on the Information icon crashes the app on my system (Win 7, 64-bit).

--- End quote ---
Can you provide any more information?  I have a win7 64-bit machine and it is working which is why I ask for more information.

Also, I had some encoding issues, with dashes, apostrophes, quotation marks and French accented characters being replaced by a dark square with a question mark.

--- End quote ---

Was it that way in the export?  And can you provide a sample document?

I wasn't sure what the button before the close button is for. It didn't seem to do anything.

--- End quote ---
It doesn't.  Haven't gotten that in yet.

Otherwise it works fine, renders Markdown correctly. Aesthetically speaking, I'd prefer if it didn't justify paragraphs or at least the headings (i.e. align text left instead), as it makes the text look messy, by stretching it out (actually the paragraphs look fine, it's the longer headings really that are a problem).

--- End quote ---
it shouldn't be justifying anything.  I'm rendering the HTML using a flow control... so the only thing it should be doing is wrapping lines.  Because it's a flow control, it might change spacing until it can wrap.  And I don't see it justifying headings... that first line in the screenshot is a heading and it's aligned left.  I might need a screenshot or even a sample if you can to understand what you're saying?

But it's coming together nicely, so keep up the good work! Thanks! :Thmbsup:

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback!

dr_andus:
Sorry, wraith, I can't test this version any longer as I had to delete it from my system. I suspected that the PDF widget in there may have interfered with my PDF-Xchange Printer Lite 2012 driver. When I tried printing a PDF from MS Word today, it all came out blank, which never happened before. I can't be certain that it's your app, as I also had Acrobat Reader updated yesterday (so it could be that), but after deleting the Markdownbuddy folder and restarting the system my driver came back to life. As I said above, for me there is no value added in having the PDF save option, as I can do that myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version