ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best File/Folder Compare Tool

Araxis Merge is still my favorite

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
BTW - still waiting for that beta of Beyond Compare 3 to be released...  :o

Darwin:
Just to clarify - you'll note from the review that in March of 2005 BC 3 was supposed to be "well on it's way to release". Almost three years later they've yet to ship a beta... This isn't meant as a criticism of Scooter software (BC 2.5 does what it does very well and I'd far rather they ship something relatively stable when they do enter beta testing) per se, but this is starting to take on a Longhorn-esque developmental flavour!

Now having said the above - looking at Araxis Merge all over again all I can say is: BUGGER! $129 gets a standard licence WITHOUT the three way merge. That costs $269! Ouch. I've no doubt that it's a killer app, but there's a lot of sticker shock! I do hope that BC gets released soon, but I'm not holding my breath...

Jamil:
Build 2008.3569 of Araxis Merge was released not too long ago.  This version adds a couple of handy features: XML support and automatic text extraction from some popular document formats.

The XML support is pretty handy. Take the following two XML files:

file1.xml--

--- ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><validation profile="Database Testing"><query name="Test" sql="SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5&#xA;FROM dbo.Test"><row><column name="Field1">A</column><column name="Field2">A</column><column name="Field3">A</column><column name="Field4">A</column><column name="Field5">A</column></row><row><column name="Field5">B</column><column name="Field1">B</column><column name="Field2">B</column><column name="Field3">B</column><column name="Field4">B</column></row></query></validation>

file2.xml--

--- ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<validation profile="Database Testing">
  <query name="Test" sql="SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5&#xA;FROM dbo.Test">
    <row>
      <column name="Field1">A</column>
      <column name="Field2">A</column>
      <column name="Field3">T</column>
      <column name="Field4">U</column>
      <column name="Field5">V</column>
    </row>
    <row>
      <column name="Field5">Y</column>
      <column name="Field1">Z</column>
      <column name="Field2">B</column>
      <column name="Field3">B</column>
      <column name="Field4">B</column>
    </row>
  </query>
 </validation>
Merge will leave the XML file format intact on disk but allow you to merge elements in a readable fashion:

mouser:
Araxis is a very powerful, very good merge tool, no doubt about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version