ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend image comparison tool, please?

(1/3) > >>

rjbull:
I'm looking for a simple image comparison tool.  That is, if I make several variations on a digital photo, I'd like to be able to see them all on screen at the same time, in their original aspect ratios, tiled, and sized so as to fill the screen as much as possible (i.e. be as big as possible, rather than thumbnails).  The attached image is from Faststone Image Viewer 5.2, the first such application I've seen though 4 images is the maximum.  Are there any alternatives, please?
Recommend image comparison tool, please?

tomos:
Four images is good going I think.

A possible alternative is ExifPro Image viewer:
I dont have it installed on this machine - but IIRC it will only show two images side by side in the viewer.
But Zoom and drag are simultaneously applied to both images, which is great for getting in there and comparing details (how does that work in Faststone viewer?)

I found it great on occasions where I had to go though a lot of photos and pick out the best (e.g. wedding pics).

Scott_Y:
VisiPics will search and auto-detect "similar" images, then display all matches together (the screenshots page shows four and five images in a row).
http://www.visipics.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Jibz:
I think many photo managers have a feature like this.

Lightroom for instance has two modes to help you choose from a set of images; first there is survey, which shows you the selected images side by side as large as possible, and then you can remove the ones you do not like one by one. Once you have a small set of good images, you can switch to compare, which shows you two images side by side and lets you zoom to check out details and such. It works by having one image be the current pick, and then you can cycle the other image trough the remaining images, and if you find a better one, you select that as your pick instead.

I think Daminion, which has been discussed here before, also added some kind of compare view recently.

Giampy:
I am rather perplexed. To fine-tune a photo, I realized it's necessary to see it very large, I mean the same size of the final official photo. How can you adjust a photo if it's so small?
It's a mistery to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version