ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

Ideas Wanted!

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
This reminds me of an idea I had that is related, that I would love to see someone do for NANY -- write a DLL that a developer can call from an installation setup script that will detect if the installer is running inside one of these wrappers like cnet downloader, and ABORT the setup with a nice message to the user telling them why the program is not being installed and directing them where to visit to do the proper download.

It seems to me that this will make it possible for coders to protect their apps from being wrapped in these crap addition downloads, and force software download sites to offer the original installers.

fenixproductions:
Idea for Autohotkey: GUI exporter.

There are a lot of tools (ex. WinSpy) which help with getting information about window controls for any application but none of them can export details.
It would be nice to just click on window/control and have all its details (including children controls) exported to XML.
With a little more work we could transform such XML to SVG, HTML and so on.

Good idea for wireframing/prototyping IMHO.

c.gingerich:
Oooh. I like that idea! I smell another NANY app I may take on..... I have list building up! LOL

I already have the backend, just need to have it export and make a few tweaks.

Ideas Wanted!

fenixproductions:
I already have the backend, just need to have it export and make a few tweaks.-c.gingerich (November 11, 2014, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it could build controls tree (ex. Form1 > tab > panel > list > list items) it would be awesome.
With some XML transforms anyone would be able to "convert" their apps to HTML files and use them for help/tutorials.

pillbug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version