ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

Ideas Wanted!

(1/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Anybody got any cool ideas for Software creations for NANY 2015?  I am drawing a complete blank here :(

Obviously any ideas posted here would serve a huge purpose to anybody else wanting to make something for NANY and is staring at the same brick wall as me :P

Cheers!

~Stephen

TaoPhoenix:

Hi Stephen.

This will be a bit of a silly post just to break the ice, but it has 20% truth behind it.

I have become fairly impressed with what people can get done in 2-3 days with Ludum Dare, so 1 man times lots of days should be even better!

I think a couple of hysterically funny political games about the corporations and Edward Snowden and the NSA and Facebook and all that jazz are really due soon now. Brutally re-paraphrased, "what tyrannies fear is mockeries and laughter". So there could be a couple of ways to take it -- play the NSA agent who has to survey stuff, play a company trying to keep market share, or play a lone hapless citizen trying to stay safe!

40hz:
Hmm...

How about a good but basic standalone bookmark manager. Ideally one that stored its data in a text or xml file. Most of the old ones have either disappeared or are no longer actively developed. Or they have everything plus the kitchen sink included. I'd just be looking for folders in a tree, the site name, site URL, description/note field, and maybe be allowed some category tags. Hot key popup and the ability to capture the URL of whatever page is currently displayed in the browser would be a definite plus.

superboyac:
Hmm...

How about a good but basic standalone bookmark manager. Ideally one that stored its data in a text or xml file. Most of the old ones have either disappeared or are no longer actively developed. Or they have everything plus the kitchen sink included. I'd just be looking for folders in a tree, the site name, site URL, description/note field, and maybe be allowed some category tags. Hot key popup and the ability to capture the URL of whatever page is currently displayed in the browser would be a definite plus.
-40hz (October 07, 2014, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
i just had a 30 minute discussion on this yesterday!
I totally support this idea.  I'll add:
simple syncing with all devices and browsers, ideally no plugins needed.

And this feature, which is very unrealistic, but would be awesome:
ability to search ONLY in your bookmarks for keywords.  Or just the sites that are bookmarked.  Man, I would love that.

rgdot:
Not saying it is what you want or hope but Link Collector is pretty simple and decent http://www.portablebookmarkmanager.com/

As for ideas, the thing I need most these days is related to text, csv, mysql and conversions in such formats. If by chance anybody cares I will explain further but its probably impossible, impractical and/or solves my unique need only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version