ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your favorite cartoons of yesterday and today?

<< < (9/10) > >>

bit:
Gary Larson's The Far Side - such as Cat Fud (BTW, I'm a 'cat person'). (:

An all-time favorite; Love Is - "...checking your feelings", "...a life-line".

superboyac:
Has anyone mentioned beavis and butthead yet?

MilesAhead:
Has anyone mentioned beavis and butthead yet?
-superboyac (July 24, 2015, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  It was already listed when I posted.  I like them too.  Mike Judge did Office Space which is one of my favorite flicks.  I don't understand why Jennifer Aniston didn't come over my place to watch Kung Fu flicks.  But that's another story.  :)

Speaking of adult cartoons it looks like South Park will go on forever.

wraith808:
I don't know how I hadn't seen this before.

I also dont know how Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato, Harlock, and Robotech haven't been mentioned!

And no one's gone the Japanimation/anime route!

There's definitely some good ones there. (Crying Freeman, Yu Yu Hakusho, Berserk, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Mushishi, Grey, Serial Experiments Lain, Planetes, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Last Exile, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, and my Favorite - AD Police, and too many more to list!)

And Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

Cartoons and by extension Anime are my favorite short form and long form.

MilesAhead:
@wraith808  I haven't gotten into anime yet.  I do like Japanese TV shows and feature films.  I watched one 90 minute anime but I cannot recall the title.  It was something about robots illegally raising a human child I think. (It has to be 8 or 9 years ago. My memory is vague.)  But I watched it to completion.  Perhaps I will mine that vein when live action sources dry up.

A central figure of American cartoons is
Mel Blanc

I remember seeing him as guest on a talk show in the 60s.  If I remember right he said he created more than 60 cartoon character voices.  It was wild watching him having arguments with himself in over a dozen voices.

Reading the Wiki entry just now it says he was also the voice of Mr. Spacely of Spacely Sprockets on The Jetsons.  Mr. Spacely even looks like Mel Blanc.  The artist must have drawn Spacely as a tribute to him(just my surmise.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version