ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IP Address Assignment Manager - Does one exist?

<< < (2/2)

x16wda:
Manual management is fine until you get to a certain point. The Solarwinds freebie is nice since it knows when it last saw an address being used and can tell you. The freebie requires you to run the scan manually though. But when you acquire a few plants that use /15s and you don't know where the "stuff" is, something you can scan with a few times can give you a better idea of where things are, IP-wise.

Stoic Joker:
I'm guessing Josh is in that middle ground where there is too much to keep straight in your head, but not enough to justify the learning curve. This I can understand (we've got a /22 in house now..).

40hz:
I'm guessing Josh is in that middle ground where there is too much to keep straight in your head, but not enough to justify the learning curve. This I can understand (we've got a /22 in house now..).
-Stoic Joker (October 07, 2014, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Right up there with end-user patch management and software updates. When do you say "the hell with this," bite the bullet, and automate it? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version