ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a EXTREMELY basic Multi Clipboard software

<< < (3/4) > >>

kunkel321:
Though long abandoned, ClipX is a good light one.
http://bluemars.org/clipx/

Edit:  FWIW, Mouser's CHS actually IS the one I've been using for a couple of years now.  I would not be using it if I felt it was bloated. 

tomos:
[...] At times though, Ethervane Echo suits my needs better. It was developed by a DonationCoder member. It hasn't been updated since 2012 (maybe 2013) but I've not had any problems with it.

Here's where you can download and find a link to the developer's site.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.0
-bob99 (October 06, 2014, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

based on ditto, a sort of a new improved version :)

rjbull:
Drifting off topic, but I had to respond - this is one of the subtle uses of AdBlock - it lets you hide pictures you don't like. There are a few people whose avatars annoy me too. Fine - just adblock them away and then they just vanish! -TaoPhoenix (October 06, 2014, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
I use the DC forum profile setting to not see avatars and sigs.  Saves lots of screen space, as well as avoiding annoying animated avatars.

But, re the OP...  ArsClip bloated?  When its .exe is under 4 MB?

David.P:
> ArsClip bloated?  When its .exe is under 4 MB?

While this probably is good programming, it has tons of features and settings that I don't need, and OTOH it is not able to simply show a no frills popup next to its own tray icon, but instead puts its window all over the place on my triple monitors  :(

kunkel321:
While this probably is good programming, it has tons of features and settings that I don't need, and OTOH it is not able to simply show a no frills popup next to its own tray icon, but instead puts its window all over the place on my triple monitors  :(
-David.P (October 06, 2014, 03:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm never really sure why, but I find sometimes certain clipboard managers give me problems, such as freezing, etc.  I have lots of 3rd party utilities running in the background, so I assume there's sometimes a conflict.  ArsClip was one of these.  Ditto too.  I'm not a programmer, but I'm guessing that lots of features = increased possibility of conflicting with other things.  The "simplest" yet stable ones I've seen are ClipX and CLCL.  I use the "stacking" feature of CHS though, and despite it's many features, it hasn't given me too many troubles..   Now if I can just get Mouser to trim down the quick popup list.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version