ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Win10 Navigation Pane scrambled

<< < (3/6) > >>

Deozaan:
If you read my original post to will see that I was asking for "ideas".-Cuffy (October 03, 2014, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's an idea:

Try being a little more considerate to people who are trying to help you.

TaoPhoenix:
Either you give them what they ask for... or accept that they might wash their hands of the situation.
-wraith808 (October 03, 2014, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
:D
If you read my original post to will see that I was asking for "ideas". I was hoping for a response from someone that had the same or similar problem which would indicate a flaw or a bug in the Win10 media. Instead I received a ridiculous request for a picture of the problem. That's when the hand washing started. Mine! I already knew the answer was worthless and washed my hands of it.
If you don't know the answer: don't reply  :-[
Thanks anyway  :D
-Cuffy (October 03, 2014, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a bit of a fierce response.

"Been associated with computers since 1958 or '59. Bought my first one in 1981 then decided to build one in 1992 ...
Since 1992 I've built a few, installed an O/S or two, spent a few minutes troubleshooting, and never, in all that time, do I recall a screenshot being of any value"

So that means you are at least 65-70 depending how much of a prodigy you were.

And we all joke about off shore people telling you to reboot, but there's clever people here, but before they run wild on a hunch, they have prelim questions first that sound annoying. Sounds like you are there.

But I still like my "TV theory" - maybe they haven't seen the problem, but if they get enough otherwise boring looking data, some bunch of them go on fire and wheel off ______ ___________ ____________ ____________ and then solve it.

So don't give up on them now! Suffer through a couple of seemingly tedious steps. Then I guarantee one of the steps in the middle is tricky, because that's why the weird thing happened. Then a couple more steps to fix it if possible, or just log it as "bug in pretest version".

wraith808:
Either you give them what they ask for... or accept that they might wash their hands of the situation.
-wraith808 (October 03, 2014, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
:D
If you read my original post to will see that I was asking for "ideas". I was hoping for a response from someone that had the same or similar problem which would indicate a flaw or a bug in the Win10 media. Instead I received a ridiculous request for a picture of the problem. That's when the hand washing started. Mine! I already knew the answer was worthless and washed my hands of it.
If you don't know the answer: don't reply  :-[
Thanks anyway  :D
-Cuffy (October 03, 2014, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, I do know a possible answer, as I've had the problem in other versions of Windows.  But, as you're not interested...  :-[  Best of luck!  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
Chances are you have one of the many organize/view settings set to sort the drives by free/used space, or drive size. Which is usually easy to spot in a screen shot.

Personally I have a standing request for all clients to send a SS of any and all error messages they get for an issue, as frequently the type of window will tell you more about an issue than the poorly worded error message. Not to mention that users never read the entire message, or pay attention to the caption bar text.

So Yeah...a picture really does paint - or save the exchange of - 1,000 words.

wraith808:
^This.  Which is why I was waiting on the screenshot that Tomos asked for before chiming in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version