ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Win10 Navigation Pane scrambled

<< < (2/6) > >>

Cuffy:
SFC just finished on the Win10 install. Found corrupt files and some could not be repaired.
Running the setup file again for an install over the top. Might work  :huh:

SFC did fix the DVD drive location and placed it back at the bottom of the list. Not really much help though  :(

TaoPhoenix:
I've been watching too many middle-road dramas, but it sounds like we're 6 minutes into a 45 minute episode. When you're faced with something bizarre, you have to slow down and do "silly seeming things" just to get a bit of raw data and your bearings before the solution shows up at min 38.  : )

So it's just a screen shot, it can't hurt ... maybe not help, but maybe it's that step where you rule out random impossible things.

Cuffy:
I've been watching too many middle-road dramas, but it sounds like we're 6 minutes into a 45 minute episode. When you're faced with something bizarre, you have to slow down and do "silly seeming things" just to get a bit of raw data and your bearings before the solution shows up at min 38.  : )

So it's just a screen shot, it can't hurt ... maybe not help, but maybe it's that step where you rule out random impossible things.

-TaoPhoenix (October 03, 2014, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Your logic escapes me  :huh:
I've found that SFC and chkdsk are more helpful  8)
Been associated with computers since 1958 or '59. Bought my first one in 1981 then decided to build one in 1992  :D
Since 1992 I've built a few, installed an O/S or two, spent a few minutes troubleshooting, and never, in all that time, do I recall a screenshot being of any value  :D
I'm down to four machines, only three online, so someday I may try your theory.
My mother used a similar logic back in the 50's  :-[  When our car wouldn't start for some reason her first question was "did you put some water in the radiator!!! Never did but I always got the car started. Just a fluke I guess  :P

wraith808:
If you're asking for help... and someone asks you for data, well it's at that point a decision has to be made.  Either you give them what they ask for... or accept that they might wash their hands of the situation.  Especially in the case of something as ... benign as a screenshot.

Cuffy:
Either you give them what they ask for... or accept that they might wash their hands of the situation.
-wraith808 (October 03, 2014, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
:D
If you read my original post to will see that I was asking for "ideas". I was hoping for a response from someone that had the same or similar problem which would indicate a flaw or a bug in the Win10 media. Instead I received a ridiculous request for a picture of the problem. That's when the hand washing started. Mine! I already knew the answer was worthless and washed my hands of it.
If you don't know the answer: don't reply  :-[
Thanks anyway  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version