ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Key Launch - the indexed farr we want?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
I agree 100%, when indexing is added it will be completely optional.

cnewtonne:
What a turn off...
you click on a link to see the developer's site and  you get php errors all over the place. If the developer does not care about cleaning up his site, why should we care about even checking his apps ranther than seeking support later on.

Darwin:
I use FARR on my own computer and, because I can't bear not to get use out of apps that I've paid for in the past :P, I have appRocket loaded on my wife's notebook. Of course she doesn't use, but I do when I'm messing arou tweaking it for her. On her computer it works flawlessly and with no perceptible hit on resources, while it kills mine! The difference is that I'm on three year old centrino with a gig of RAM and she's on a year old AMD Athlon 64+ with a gig of (much faster) RAM. Anyway, candylabs' website is promising big things in an upcoming update to appRocket, so I'm keen to see what they've got up their sleeves (the promises are somewhat empty in that they are only alluded to, not detailed)...

PS I think adding optional indexing to FARR will make it a killer app. I've long advocated keeping FARR simple and lightweight, but indexing is a reality and it's a feature that many people want. Keeping the core functionality of FARR available without indexing will allow people to choose how they use it. With massive harddrives and lots of RAM the norm these days, an index will hardly be a liability in terms of size and user-controlled indexing (over dinner, perhaps) should be almost imperceptible, if the user chooses to use it at all.

mystcolor:
thx mouser =]
actually I found some shortcuts won't works when launching with farr such as Microsoft Word Office 2007
-mystcolor (March 28, 2007, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am using the latest farr from time to time... it's working on other computers but I just can't make it works on my own..
I have already tried to uninstall and del all files in farr before reinstall...

Armando:
adding optional indexing to FARR will make it a killer app. I've long advocated keeping FARR simple and lightweight, but indexing is a reality and it's a feature that many people want. Keeping the core functionality of FARR available without indexing will allow people to choose how they use it. With massive harddrives and lots of RAM the norm these days, an index will hardly be a liability in terms of size and user-controlled indexing (over dinner, perhaps) should be almost imperceptible, if the user chooses to use it at all.
-Darwin (March 28, 2007, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

As I suggested in the "pluggin" thread, if FARR could "parasite" other desktop search engine indexes (X1,Copernic, Google Desktop...), it wouldn't add to much strain on resources for computer already using desktop search programs. Maybe ?

A.

[modified : Just added a forgotten pronoun]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version