ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extend a mp3 music!

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
This file is reduced by 6 dB. So, it's significantly quieter. I kept it as an MP3. Not sure if it will be quiet enough, and I'd still recommend reducing volume in the mix instead.

DC-Bosstalk.mp3 (344.44 kB - downloaded 175 times.)

Edvard:
Using the "ReplayGain" function of the .mp3 format, you can do a lossless reduction of gain, that is, if your presentation software supports the ReplayGain function.  It's just a tag in the mp3 header, so any mp3 tag editor that supports the ReplayGain field will do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

Mp3Gain can apply the same sort volume normalization via psychoacoustic analysis that the ReplayGain function does, and does a handy job of it, whether on Windows, Mac or Linux.  The only caveat is that it manipulates the file directly, so it's technically not lossless though it is reversible:
Some lossy audio formats, such as MP3, are structured in a way that they encode the volume of each compressed frame in a stream, and tools such as MP3Gain take advantage of this for directly applying the gain adjustment to MP3 files, adding undo information so that the process is reversible.
--- End quote ---

hulkbuster:
Using the "ReplayGain" function of the .mp3 format, you can do a lossless reduction of gain, that is, if your presentation software supports the ReplayGain function.  It's just a tag in the mp3 header, so any mp3 tag editor that supports the ReplayGain field will do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain

Mp3Gain can apply the same sort volume normalization via psychoacoustic analysis that the ReplayGain function does, and does a handy job of it, whether on Windows, Mac or Linux.  The only caveat is that it manipulates the file directly, so it's technically not lossless though it is reversible:
-Edvard (October 07, 2014, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
i was able to achieve both the extension of 17 sec sound to 3 min and reduction of the volume by Envelop tool and i got the desired results.
For a simple and free tool like Audacity,it does more than those expensive application. Although not underestimating them, but sometimes some
good things come for free.
I got what i wanted for free. Anyways thank you all for your reply, i got some insight in this matter and will help other when the need arises.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version