ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Presets not saved - CHS

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
The main thing that seemed to resolve it was manually creating the folders in the relevant directories (it wasn't creating some of them itself - I also had the same problem with Screenshot Captor).
--- End quote ---

I think I may understand why that is happening -- and it's definitely related to the network path issue.

You've given me a nudge to try to fix that, which I will -- however it does sound like perhaps the simplest and most foolproof thing for you to do at this point is exit CHS, and edit the ConfigDir.ini file in the Clipboard Help and Spell program files directory, and tell it to use a local path for saving it's settings.  This should solve your problems.

Grayp:
OK thanks.

I'm not very accomplished at editing unusual file types, but am happy to have a go at anything.

Do I need any special software to edit the .ini?

How to I change it - is there some text/language I need to modify?

The file path I'd want it to save at is C:\GCP stuff to backup

mouser:
You should find a file called ConfigDir_Sample.ini in the CHS program files directory.
Rename that to ConfigDir.ini (or open it in notepad and then SaveAs ConfigDir.ini).
Then in that file you will see at the top a line like "// CONFIGDIR = %MYDOCUMENTS%"
Change that to "CONFIGDIR = C:\GCP stuff to backup\CHS" (removing the // at the beginning of the line).

Grayp:
Thank you - that makes it simple for me.

The only snag - I can't find a file called ConfigDir_Sample - screenshot of folder attached.

Can you please help me from here?

Thank you.

mouser:
ah my mistake.  so just edit ConfigDir.ini no need to rename it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version