ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (251/253) > >>

Deozaan:
What happened to Notepad?
-Deozaan (December 17, 2021, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
I still have mine. Did yesterday anyway.
10 not 11 though.
-Dormouse (December 17, 2021, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1415).

wraith808:
Has Notepad disappeared for anyone else?
--- End quote ---

Not here. Of course, I haven't updated to 2021H2 yet... still on 2020H2.

Deozaan:
Has Notepad disappeared for anyone else?

I noticed a couple days ago that regular .txt files have started opening in LibreOffice, showing the icon for "Calc" which is the LibreOffice equivalent of Excel. When I go to Default Apps to change it back to Notepad, there's no listing for it. And also if I press the Start/Windows button and type Notepad to search for it, I don't get any matching results.

What happened to Notepad?
--- End quote ---

Okay... Notepad is back. I have no idea what happened to get it back. I decided to go into LibreOffice to see if I could disable filetypes from within the preferences, but it just launched the Windows 10 Default Apps settings menu thingy. I had tried that earlier (before mentioning this whole Notepad fiasco this thread) but I had forgotten that it did that.

However, this time Notepad showed up in the options. And now I also see it in the start menu when I search for it. :-\ :huh:

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced    Windows 10 Announced    Windows 10 Announced   Windows 10 Announced

I got Win 10 20H2 today and installed WSL and Ubuntu without incident. I can use them with PowerShell and the start menu icon. I installed gedit to test WSL graphics and got the following error messages:

root@DESKTOP-IUPERME:~# gedit
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(gedit:92): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:20:15.063: cannot open display:
root@DESKTOP-IUPERME:~#

I did this on a  HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2xxx with AMD Radeon RX 5500 v21.10.2 graphics  that is up to date. I will update this when I get anything from Microsoft Feedback Hub.

Deozaan:
What makes you think there is such a thing as "WSL graphics"? As far as I'm aware there is no "display" connected to the WSL Linux VM. It's for terminal/console use only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version