ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (243/253) > >>

app103:
However, disabling the setting shown in the image worked out well for my situation. Likely you (app103) have tried that setting already, but it might help others.

Come to think of it, you should disable the power saving feature from your (wired) network card too. Works exactly the same as shown in the image.
-Shades (December 19, 2020, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup, been there, done that, and it didn't help. Since this laptop is never used on battery power, I don't really care about power saving, so I disabled that in anything where I found the option to do so. But this update removed that option for my mouse, headphones, and some other items, and now I can only do it for whatever is above that in the Bluetooth food chain. The individual peripherals no longer have a power management tab.

ich thys:
I set my new HP laptop with Win10 to 'no password', and it persists in halting boot-up just before reaching Desktop to require it. Is there some extra option I'm supposed to enable, or is there a DonationCoder fix for this?
Also, what's that Windows dimmer function that works like f.lux, and which is more preferable, and is there a way to set it to go 'on' all the time and not just when it gets dark outside?

Stoic Joker:
I set my new HP laptop with Win10 to 'no password',
-ich thys (January 06, 2021, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Elaborate on what you did so far to accomplish that, so we know what not to suggest..  :D

Historically, that always been done using control userpasswords2 (from either run or command prompt)

ich thys:
I set my new HP laptop with Win10 to 'no password',
-ich thys (January 06, 2021, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Elaborate on what you did so far to accomplish that, so we know what not to suggest..  :D

Historically, that always been done using control userpasswords2 (from either run or command prompt)
-Stoic Joker (January 07, 2021, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
I start with Desktop and go to Sign-in options.

4wd:
Also, what's that Windows dimmer function that works like f.lux, -ich thys (January 06, 2021, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Night Light - Open the Notification area, right-click in the tile area and select Edit, then Add it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version