ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 Announced

<< < (236/253) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

I tried to get started again today and found Windows installing more minor updates. It took a while to get everthing updated and running, including Chrome. Windows kept partially freezing into unusability when I was using it after that, so I removing some later updates. The main, earlier May feature update is still in and not causing problems.

Arizona Hot:
The May Update ran reasonably well this morning, but when I tried to surf this afternoon it wouln't start Chrome. I had to reboot to get to the Windows Update screen to return to the Fall Update. This Update isn't ready for primetime. It kept running sluggishly and requiring a reboot to do much. It wasn't a CPU problem, I had Process Tamer running.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

I didn't pause updates after reverting to the Fall Update, so this morning I had to re-install the May Update and later today I needed to install a May Cumulative Update. I had serious problems with it before and other people must have also(which was expected) so we got (presumed)bug fixes very soon after getting new features. After some fiddling, I was able to get back here again. It is working OK at this time, but I am waiting for problems to pop up.

Arizona Hot:
Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 May 2020 Update biggest problems and complaints

Windows 10 Announced

Windows 10 May update is officially a disaster

After the last post, I still had big problems and I rolled Windows back to the Fall Update again. I hope my comments have kept people here from installing it also.

4wd:
A month or so ago I thought I'd re-enable the Insider update, (had it enabled a year or two ago), and almost immediately ran into the same problem I had previously on different hardware and after having reinstalled Win 10 a couple of times.

Micro-freezes, every few seconds the system, (or maybe just the mouse/keyboard input), would freeze for less than a second.

Oddly enough during regular use I hadn't really noticed it, as soon as I started playing a FPS game it became blindingly obvious.
Tried different things, eg. completely disable firewall just in case it's MS trying to phone home, unplug non-essential peripherals, kill any of my usual background programs, etc, etc - couldn't work it out.

In the end I just reverted to the release stream and the problem disappeared.

Second time it's happened, basically a completely new computer and still no idea what caused it.

Anyone had anything similar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version